Start a new topic

speak to your rep

I had an issue with my bookings and wished to speak to someone to sort it.Your call centre dies not allow this option.Why ?
The IVR is extremely dull and keeps looping back to 'press 8'
Whom can i call in an emergency !!!!
All other airlines have it.
I am a regular customer and I will now movw ro some other provider unless you are able to provide me with a rep number whom I can talk to,

16 people have this question

I trust I will have the courtesy of a reply.My emal did not !
the email was to feedback@goibibo on 9 april !

Same problem here.

Did you figure out how to converse with the personnel ?

I am facing the same problem, one of my transaction failed but the amount got debitted from my account, its been more than 10 days i dint yet recieve the refund of my money. does anyone have any idea how long will this thing take ?

I also have same problem one of my transaction failed but the amount got debited from my account, its been more than 2 months i dint yet relieve the refund of my money.Can any one suggest email id or contact no? 

pls i have a hotel in eygpt and i want to add my hotel on your website .the third step of the location on map is not working

same problem, one of the poorest customer support number without any cutomer care contact option. i have make hotel booking but did not receive the booking amount voucher / bill. on contacting IBIBO not receiving on e mail ,regarding customer care number they do not have it at all....

Step 1: Go to this link https://www.goibibo.com/support/

Step 2: Click on Write to Us

Step 3: Write your booking ID and mark on Print Ticket than submit.

how does one talk to a representative , no such options on the help line

How does one talk to a Customer support representative? No such options on the help line and gets into the loop.

Such loop and loop hole in your system is not acceptable to deal with you, to resolve our unpredicated issues against the competitive market...

Login to post a comment